Friday, March 12, 2010

Random Happenings

We don't have internet at our new house so I haven't been very good at keeping my Blog up to date.  We are LOVING our new place!  I haven't taken any great pictures yet, but here's a picture from Christmas Eve - 5 days after we moved in.
that's our little house, barn and windmill in the distance.  I took this from the hill at the back end of our property!  It has been cold here, but the winter has been so mild that it is amazing!  This last week it's still been cold but the sun has been shining and I am getting some Spring Fever.  We don't even have much snow left.  Last year we had snow and rain until the end of June so I'm trying not to be too impatient, but I really really want it to be spring! :)
This is Nora playing outside in one of our last big snow banks in our yard.  She thinks it's pretty fun to play in puddles and not have to get as bundled up!!

CoLoReD eGgS
Nora Tess loves scrambled eggs for breakfast. Lately, she's been asking for colored eggs.  I can only guess that it comes from Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham.  The first time, she asked for green eggs (hence the Green Eggs and Ham assumption) but now each morning she asks for a different color.  Green was mild compared to her next requests.  She asked for pink eggs next - which looked disgustingly like bloody eggs.  Then she asked for purple eggs, which looked like gray brain matter.  Clay was not so excited about it when Nora insisted that she share her breakfast with him!  He thought they looked so gross, and they did!  This morning Nora asked for black eggs.  I told her I didn't think I could make black eggs and she responded with, "You can if you try, Mama"  oh the faith! :)   I proceeded to pretend I was trying to make green eggs and came out with something like turquoise eggs.  I'm hoping this colored egg thing doesn't last too long!  I will probably have to start only doing colored eggs on Sundays or something!
The purple "brain" scrambled eggs.   See how excited Clay is to eat them?

0 comments: