Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Kicking off the Spring

I am so excited for Spring.  We have had some BEAUTIFUL days the last couple of weeks and we have been soaking up as much as we can.  I have been having a hard time not being able to ride, but so goes it!  
Friday we were able to go over to Cokeville and help brand.  I didn't get to help much, of course, but NT loves it as much as we do!  She loves to ride with Daddy and yell at the cows, "Go on Cows!  Go On!"   And she LOVES to be outside.

Clay and NT riding down the hill.  She wanted to chase the cows.     Clay dragging a calf on Qwik.  It's so nice to have horses that are just good to go.
Clay and Huck fightin' a calf that they didn't catch with the Nordfork.
NT and Huckleberry.  She was trying to feed him a swedish fish.  He decided he didn't like it!   He mostly wanted to snuggle!
My cheese ball.  This is the face I get to see when she's outside hiking, riding, playing in the dirt etc.  She's getting so big.  I can't believe we will be celebrating her third birthday the end of July!


And THIS, Ladies and Gentlemen, is how Clay will be spending the rest of his Spring and the majority of his Summer:
At the branding, they had a calf get out, so Clay rode out to rope it and drag it back.  As he was chasing this calf, the calf darted left and Huckleberry darted left after it and lost his footing.   Huck fell on his left side, catching Clay's leg and twisting it backwards.  It's called a Calvary fracture because it twisted and broke about 2 inches below his knee and tore his ligaments in his ankle and caused the ankle bones to pull apart.  He will be getting surgery on Monday to place two screws in his ankle.  He has to have the screws in it for 3 months and he has to be completely non-weight bearing for atleast 6 weeks, and then hopefully he'll get a boot he can walk in.   He's pretty bummed!  It could have been alot worse though, so I am grateful to my Father in Heaven that I still have my husband and my horse!  :)    Let me know if anyone wants to swing over to Kemmerer and help me irrigate our 20 acres, til and plant my huge garden, or ride our neglected horses, because at 30+ weeks pregnant I'm going to be BUSY! (and tired)  :)

2 comments:

Christy said...

Bummer. Clay will have to be Mr. Mom this summer I guess. You'll be recovered before he is. Good luck with all the work, actually just wait until next year and enjoy having a reason not to work.

Kyle and Lacey said...

Ouch! I kept cringing the whole time I was reading about this. Then I cringed even more when I read about all you'll have to do, and 30 weeks pregnant. What a wonder woman! I hope Clay has a fast recovery for all of your sake's.