Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cousin Weekend and Daddy Day

Last weekend I got to watch Leah and Carter from Thursday night to Sunday evening - and we had a ton of fun.  I wish their parents would go out of town more often!! :)   Carter schooled both Clay and I on the wii and Leah played with Nora (it's sure handy to have a 9 yr old around) and cleaned the playroom - without being asked.  She also helped with the baby and showed Tobe who was boss.  I didn't take many pictures but here's a few of the girls riding Tobe.

Bows everywhere!

Great Buddies

Leah on Tobe

Nora after she fell off of Tobe.  You can't really see it but she has a huge bruise/road rash on her forehead and nose.   Her helmet had a chunk taken out of it where she came off into the panels.  Thank goodness for helmets and for our Father in Heaven who was definitely watching out for my little girl!  She's got a smile atleast, and she even got right back on Tobe and let me lead her around!  She's one tough Cowgirl!


So, one day in September, Clay came home with a poem that he had written for us, which basically said that he was giving us a "Daddy Day".  He was taking off a Friday from work just to spend the day doing whatever his girls wanted to do.    Well, of course we wanted to go fishing!  We actually wanted to go fishing and horseback riding, but I only took pictures of the fishing.  It ended up being one of the most beautiful mornings I've ever experienced in Kemmerer (and we've lived here for 4 years now)  It started out cold, but then the sun came out and for about an hour and a half there was absolutely no wind - I know that's hard to believe but it is true!   And we all reeled in a good fish.   Nora and Clay had a fish feeding frenzy for lunch ( I had a bite and it was good, but I'm not much of a fish eater!)
 But it was such an awesome day - I'm a little prejudiced, but I have to say that my Honey is the BEST! :)
"give me the pole, Dad"


first fish Nora reeled in

The girls and our catch

Clay and his girls\
We love this Daddy

0 comments: