Monday, January 10, 2011

HOLIDAYS

This year, for the holidays,..............drumroll please...................................We Stayed HOME!


I know, I know, we NEVER stay home.  But this year we did. And it was fantastic!   I love our family get-togethers.  I wouldn't trade them for anything.  But, since my family all got together for Thanksgiving.  Christmas left us open for anything.  Add my parents, sister, and niece and it is a recipe for good times, good food and lots of "peanut knuckle" (aka pinochle)  We also did some super snowmobiling around with the kids and of course sledding.  Clay, Dad, NT and Day all built a snow tunnel through one of the huge banks of snow.  And we also had hot chocolate, and a nice warm fireplace to come in from the cold and warm up.   We've had a pretty amazing winter this year with tons of snow and lots of cold temperatures.  This morning on my way to take NT to preschool it was still 23 below zero!!!  That's definitely the coldest it's been so far but we've had lots of below zero temps this winter.  Here are some pics of our fun Christmas.  
just when I fell off the sled
pulling behind Huckleberry
Kelcy stayed on better
NT had a doll Christmas!
The Barbie house Papa built! He did an amazing job and she loves it! On Christmas morning when she pulled off the blanket, she started running in place and clapping.  She didn't know what to do with the excitement!  so fun!
NT warming up with hot cocoa and some melted snowman cookies I made that turned out super cute!

2 comments:

Suzanne G said...

What Fun! Glad you had such a fun Christmas. Your snowman cookies did turn out cute. Stay warm! you're lucky to have a wood fireplace to stay cozy! Happy to see your pix!

Melissa said...

So fun! Those cookies are adorable! I cannot believe how cold it is there! Stay indoors! :) We had a great time visiting you guys! Love you tons!